Wednesday, April 7, 2010

::Guest Blogger:: Travel with my Petunia Honey('s Petunias)


The other night my husband was asking if he could blog about Petunia Pickle Bottom, jokingly.  I, on the other hand, thought that'd be refreshing for my blog followers (and hopefully their signifiant other).  So I took on the offer and that night he Had to head over to the computer at 11pm at my in-laws' house.  (never make a promise with me.) I am happy to say that he is half way done but deadline is tonight, so we will see! My dear husband is also getting an endoscopy tomorrow so I will understand if he can't follow through tonight. :)


Stay tuned.


Updated 4/8 - 


A lot of things have changed since my wife became "Petunia Honey".  For example, a couple weeks ago she had two functional hands. But now one hand has turned into her "iPhone blogging" hand.  The other hand is used for other activities, such as feeding or changing Emily.  Also, as we were walking down South Beach (our favorite spot in Miami, and where we got married) today, Vivian found a great place to take pictures. But instead of taking a couple family photos, she put her PPB bags down and started to take pictures of the bags, and occasionally the bags with her back of her head showing.  While I definitely can't match her enthusiasm for blogging about diaper bags, I'm excited she is enjoying her hobby and very honored to be a guest blogger. 



                                      


I borrowed my Petunia Honey's PPB Heirloom backpack for a recent trip from Atlanta to Miami.  When I’m alone with Emily, I usually use my diaper bag, which is a black backpack that I got as a gift before Emily was born.  I was forced to abandon my regular diaper bag for the added space needed for our flight.  Contrary to my diaper bag, this bag actually has sufficient space for everything, and it’s organized in a way where I can give Petunia Honey what she needs within a matter of seconds.  The downside to using PPB’s Heirloom backpack is that I am under very strict instructions to keep it in brand new condition, which means that I can’t put it on the ground, etc., or I have to suffer the consequences.  Of course the benefits outweigh any of the negatives.  My wife’s fear of looking like a traditional mom with a huge-bulky diaper bag have been replaced with a fashionable bag, and more importantly, a network of Internet friends, and a topic that she is truly passionate to write about!  


                                                    

10 comments:

  1. Great blog!! As an avid follower of your wife's blog, I think you did an exceptional job as guest-blogger. I hope you know how esteemed she is in the PPB community of mommies (LOL) and it cracks me up to hear another prospective. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I love the comment about no longer having two functional hands. And Vivian, I love the picture of the TotT on the red bench - great confirmation of how my new TT will look with red :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Great blog post "Viv's husband"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guest blogger! I will have to show this to my husband. He will be happy to know that he has a compadres in the PPB husband club. You are such a great husband & father to support your Petunia Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww~Matt is so sweet :) He rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Emily looks so cute with her mommy's heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is on cloud nine reading all the overwhelming fan responses. hehehe...thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha don't let it go to his head. Matt will start buying all the "Male" bags and you will have to share the love with not as many Cakes...not good! jk he is so supportive to your obsession. I am dying for a Navy blue bag so I will hold off on any more until some new colors come out. And to think I used to hate the cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He thinks the Rubicon Rucksack is very cool and functional, but that's about it! I can't wait for the fall collection comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're husband is freakin' awesome.
    I have been carrying a PPB since he day our little boy was born- and all of diaper bags have been PPBs. Now that my son is 2- my significant other is FINALLY understanding that you DO NOT PUT THE BAG- ANY OF THE BAGS ON THE FLOOR. Or anyone where else potentially gross. And still- this usually requires a quick glance on my behalf- I guess I am at least thankful he gets the glance at this point...lol. I suppose you don't have to be brave because he seems to take instruction well....but I don't think I would let my guy take any of PPBs out without me....

    ReplyDelete